- Farouk joined Americana in 1983 as a Director of Training for Hardee’s food system. Soon after, he became the Director of Training for all other concepts and Head of HR & Training for the restaurants’ division in 1985. By 1991, he was promoted to Executive Assistant to General Manager of HR & Training for the entire Americana Group.He was promoted to the post of Executive VP Human Resources &Management Development. He is also a member of Americana Group’s executive committee since 1999.
- Prior to joining Americana, Farouk worked as Director of Service Standards & Management Development at the Marriott Corporation. He also served as a member of new openings, management development task force at the Marriott headquarters in the US.
Moreover, he assumes leadership roles in several non-profit NGOs in the fields of education and community development.He sits on the board of the following
- Chairman of the Professional Development Foundation- PDF(formerly Future Generation Foundation “FGF”), one of the largest social foundations in the Arab world.
- Board Member of ENACTUS, known before as Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE), and international non-profit organization that works with leaders in business and higher education to mobilize university students to make a difference in their communities.
- Board Member of INJAZ Egypt, a member of the nation of Junior Achievement Worldwide and Young Enterprise Europe; the world’s largest and fastest growing organization specializing in economic education.
- Prior to joining Americana Farouk worked as Director of Service Standards & Management Development at the Marriott Corporation. He also served as a member of new openings, management development task force at the Marriott headquarter in the US.
Holder of a B.Sc. degree in behavioral science. In addition to extensive training and exposure in the areas of human resources and management development with top notch training bodies.